These are the important informaitions which you should be informed by your self during you are
Hotel services, Mountain Flight, Wild life tours, Sightseeing, Jungle Safari, Trekking, Rafting, Adveture sport, Kayaking, Biking, Mountaineering, Helicopter service, Para Gliding, Casinos, etc.
World heritage sites:
Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bouddha Nath stupa, Changu Narayan Temple, Kathmandu Darbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square, Swayambhu Nath Temple, Everest National Park, Royal Chitwan National Park etc.
Telephone no. of Immigration offices:
Location, contact No. and Working Hours
Location : The Department of Immigration is located at Maitighar, Kathmandu.
Tel : 977-1-4223590 / 4222453 / 4223681/ 4221996 / 4224757, Fax : 977-1-4223127
Web : http://www.immi.gov.np
Sunday to Thursday: 10 a.m. - 17 p.m. in summer
10 a.m. - 16 p.m. in winter (Nov. to Jan.)
Friday: 10 a.m. -15 p.m.
Sunday to Thursday: 10 a.m. - 15 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. -15 p.m.
**Never trek alone, hire a guide and a porter with us
E-mail: Nepal Ecology Treks for the best services during you are in Nepal. **Become informed about high altitude sickness.
**Carry a medicine kit and medicines you need. **Take water purifier tablets. ** Watch well where you are walking and don't step back ward during you are taking pictures. **Never take pictures of people without permission. **Take you time during you are trekking or hiking, taking rest is better for your health.
Entry Fees of Nepal's major cities:
Bhaktapur Entry: For foreign Nationals -US$ 10 P.P. & for SAARC Nationals- NRS 50 P.P.
Patan Entry: For foreign Nationals -NRS 250 P.P. & for SAARC Nationals- NRS 25 P.P.
Bouddhanath Sutpa Entry : For foreign Nationals -NRS 100 P.P. & for SAARC Nationals- No
Swayambhunath Stupa Entry : For foreign Nationals -NRS 100 P.P. & for SAARC Nationals- No
Annapurna Region Entry : For foreign Nationals -NRS 2,000 P.P. & for SAARC Nationals- NRS 250 P.P.
Everest and Langtang Region :For foreign Nationals -NRS 1,000 P.P. & for SAARC Nationals- NRS 250 P.P.
TIMS (Treking Imformations Management System) = US $ 10 per person.
Airport tax of All passengers departing from Tribhuvan International Airport is included in the plane tickets so no need to pay international airport tax.
Domestic airport tax = NRS 175 P.P.
Foreign Currency Equivalent in NRS:
Click Here for Complete Foreign Currency Equivalent in Nepali Rupees.
About Visa :
Tourist who wants to visit Nepal must hold valid passport
Entry:- Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or other mission offices or at the following immigration offices in Nepal.
Entry/ Exit Points in Nepal:
The entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from Nepal are
following. The Immigration offices in such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the point is treated as the voilation of Immigration Act and the
1) Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2) Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3) Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4) Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5) Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6) Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7) Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8) Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
9) Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point, only for exit)
- The following visa shall be issued and granted by the following authority Category of Visa and its issuing and renewing authority-
Category of visa
Visa Issuing, Regularising and Renewing Authority
a. Diplomatic visa
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Provided, however, that the mission or the Immigration Office at the entry point may issue the diplomatic visa (as an entry visa) for a period of up to 30 days.
b. Official visa
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Provided, that the mission or the Immigration Office at the entry point may issue the official visa (as an entry visa) for a period of up to 30 days.
c. Tourist visa
d. Study visa
The Director General,
e. Non tourist visas
f. Business visa
The Director General,
g. Transit visa
The Immigration Officer of the entry Point
h. Residential visa
For first one year the Department by obtaining approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs and
The Department for renewal.
i. Non-Residential Nepalese visa
For the first time, the Mission or the Department by obtaining approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Department for renewal.
Power to refuse to issue visa or to grant permission to enter
Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these Rules, the Immigration Officer may, at the every entry point, refuse to issue a visa to, or to grant permission to enter into Nepal , to the following foreigners:
- Whose passports and visas have been found doubtful,
- Who have been expelled for the commission of any acts contrary to the Act or these Rules, or who have been prohibited from entering into Nepal.
- Who have already expended the period of stay according to this regulation.
- The traveling documents of the foreigner willing to enter, seems doubtful
C. Power to prohibit the departure from
The Department or Immigration Office may prohibit the following individuals from departing from Nepal:
- Who have not valid passport and visas to enter into the country which they have intended to enter into,
- About whom information, with the reason therefor, has been received from any authorized official for the prohibition of the departure from Nepal.
D. Points of entry or exit:
The point of entry and exit for the purpose of the foreigner entering into or departing from Nepal by obtaining a visa shall be as follows:
- Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
E. Arrival and Departure form to be filled
Every foreigner entering into or departing from Nepal has to fill-up Arrival and Departure form and submit such form to the immigration office.
F. Certification of arrival and
Every person entering into or departing from Nepal shall get his entry and departure certified at his entry or departure point. In the case of the person who has not got so registered his arrival or departure, if he submits an application, along with the reason therefor, the department may,if it deems reasonable after investigation thereabout,certify the arrival or departure.
G. Documents to be produced:
In cases where the officials of the Department or the Offices thereunder and the authorised Officers of the District Administration Office in such places where such personnel are not available, the police officials and border administration officials require any foreigner to show his passport, visa, trekking permit and documents relating thereto, such foreigner has to show such documents immediately.
H. Notice of change in address:
- If a foreigner except in tourist visa, permitted to stay in Nepal more than six months, makes change in his Nepal based residential address mentioned in the application submitted for the issuance of visa or the extension of the term of visa, such foreigner shall compulsorily furnish the Department, Office or local police office with a notice containing his name, passport number and new address as well, within seven days.
- If a foreigner has stayed in Nepal for more than 120 days goes to any other place of Nepal for spending more than 24 hours, he has to register with the local Police Office of such place his presence along with the detail showing his name, passport number and address as well.
I. Restriction to work:
- (1) A foreigner having obtained a visa as a tourist or his family member pursuant to these Rules shall not be allowed to work, with or without receiving remuneration, in any industry, business, enterprise or organisation during his stay in Nepal .
- A foreigner having obtained a visa pursuant to these Rules shall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose he has obtained the visa.
J. Recommendation for and issuance of visa provisionally:
- In cases where it takes time to make recommendation for the study, non-tourist and business visa, the concerned Ministry may, upon assigning the said reason, make recommendation for the provisional study, non-tourist and business visa for a period not exceeding three months.
- In cases where it take time for the foreigner referred to in sub-rule (1) (h) of Rule 8 to submit the marriage registration certificate, the Department may, on the basis of the recommendation of the authority or the embassy of the concerned country, issue the non-tourist visa for a period not exceeding three months.
K. Issuance of travel permit:
The Department may issue the travel permits to those foreigners who are not able to obtain new passports due to the loss, deface or expiry of the term thereof or due to any other reasons, in order to enable them to depart out side from Nepal. Provided, however, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall issue such permit in the case of the person holding diplomatic and official passport.
L. Transfer of visa:
In case where any foreigner has obtained the travel permit or a new passport due to the loss or expiry of the term of old passport, the Ministry of Foreign affairs for diplomatic and official visa or the department for other visa may transfer the visa to the travel permit or to the passport.
M. Application for extension of the term of
An application has to be submitted in the format as referred to in Appendix 8 for the extension of the term of a visa except a diplomatic and official visa.
N. Circumstances in which a visa may be cancelled:
The Department may cancel a visa of any foreigner in the following circumstances:
- If he fails to produce an international health certificate as and when required to do so.
- If he becomes insane or goes mad.
- If he is found to have absconded after committing any serious criminal offence.
- If he is found to be suffering from any contagious or communicable disease.
- If his presence seems to cause detrimental effect in peace and security of Nepal or in the mutual fraternity of the people of Nepal.
- If his conduct is found to be suspicious or if he carries out, or causes to be carried out, any undesirable activities.
- If his presence seems to result in adverse impact on the social and culture environment in Nepal.
- If he violates, or causes to violate, the Act, these Rules and other prevailing law.
- If he carries out any other acts or things not in consonance with the purpose for which the visa has been issued or the purpose of visa ends before the provided visa period.
- To cancel his last visa,if he receives recommendation to provide another category of visa from the concerned institutions.
In the case of cancellation of a visa pursuant to sub-rule (1), the fees paid therefor shall not be refundable.